Professional Movers Offer Their Best Tips
We all know that moving to a new home can be a hassle, even if you’re simply headed across town. However far you go, moving requires you to pack up all of your belongings and transport them elsewhere. That’s why the professional movers at Allied Van Lines – a reputable company with more than 80 years of experience – offer the following tips to assist you in your move. Follow this advice and make your move as stress-free as possible.
- Create a timeline. Only you know everything you should get done, so you’ll need to make a list of tasks. Then, split those tasks out on your calendar – preferably starting a few months before moving day. This will help you stay organized, which always lowers the stress! Working with one of Allied’s moving representatives can also reduce stress, as they can assist you with all parts of your move if desired.
- Stock up on supplies. The last thing you need is to make a late-night run to the store because you’ve run out of boxes, tape, bubble wrap or other supplies. Be sure you have even more than you need! Allied can provide you with supplies and help you figure out what you might need.
- Research professional movers. Moving companies can help take all of the stress out of moving, especially if you hire one to pack, load/unload, and transport your belongings for you. Be sure to compare local moving companies before settling on one. Take your time to ensure the company is reputable, affordable and reliable before you sign on the dotted line.
- Only bring what you need. It’s tempting to simply pack up everything you have and move it. But we all tend to accumulate things we don’t need, or have things we’ve outgrown or never use anymore. Instead of paying to pack up and move these items, sort through your belongings before the move.
- Get to know your new home. If you’re moving to a new city, province or country, you’ll want to do your research before you arrive! Contact your new city hall or chamber of commerce for a new resident’s packet. Also, find out where the nearest library, grocery store, parks, restaurants and any other places of interest are located.
If you need even more moving tips from professional movers and other experts, check out the Huffington Post’s compilation of articles for a variety of moving situations. In addition, Allied Van Lines is happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us for a moving estimate today!