Moving and Storage Companies: Short or Long-Term Storage Options
When it comes time to move, you may find yourself in need of extra storage. The time before, during, and immediately after moving day can be stressful, so you’ll want to work with a moving and storage company that understands your individual needs and works to make your moving experience as convenient and stress-free as possible. There are several reasons why you might need short- or long-term storage from a moving and storage company.
You might need short-term storage if:
- You’re trying to sell your house. Staging experts often recommend you clear a portion of your belongings out so your home does not appear cluttered.
- A friend or family member has given you furniture or other items – and you won’t have room in your home until after you move.
- You have to move to your new city or province before the home you’re buying or renting is available. This usually means you have to stay temporarily in a smaller apartment or extended stay hotel.
- You plan to renovate a portion of your new home after you move and won't have space for all of the belongings that would typically occupy that space until the renovation is complete.
You might need long-term storage if:
- You’re downsizing your home but don’t want to get rid of certain belongings.
- You’re a college student needing a place to keep your extra stuff while you’re away at school, until you graduate and can buy or rent a larger space.
- You’re being transferred by your job (or the armed forces) to another country for a few years. You’ll be back, so don’t want to sell off your belongings, but don’t want to move them all overseas either.
- You have specialty items that you're saving for future generations or that you only utilize during a certain season that you can't or don't wish to store at your new home.
Decide the type of storage you need and then you can select a moving and storage company to assist you. *Be sure to look for companies with the following characteristics.
- Global resources. It’s important that the moving and storage company of your choice has the connections and facilities to help you out – no matter where you’re moving. With 500 agent locations in the United States and Canada plus offices in more than 40 countries in Europe and Asia-Pacific and representatives in 135 other countries, Allied Van Lines is a solid choice in this regard.
- Multiple service options. From packing to transporting and loading/unloading, you want to hire a moving company that can help you with all of your needs whether you're moving across the street or embarking on a long distance move. Allied provides all of this and more. We also offer storage-in-transit for up to 90 days, as well as more permanent storage options when you need them.
- Superb customer service. In order to get the most out of your move, track down a moving and storage company with good reviews and a high rate of responsiveness. Allied Van Lines makes you a priority – every time. We have professional movers on staff that provide moving services that will help you settle into your new home quickly and with ease.
- Secure storage facilities. What good is storage if your belongings are not safe? At Allied, we offer climate-controlled facilities with alarm systems and 24-hour security. All of our storage solutions provide you peace of mind no matter how long you need our help storing your things.
- Affordable rates. Many moving and storage companies will take advantage of your need and charge you through the nose for the “extras” like storage services. But not Allied. We offer cost-effective storage options, whether you need a short- or long-term solution. You can even get a free-quote before you make your decision so you'll know what to expect in advance.
* Allied Agents offer Long-Term Storage
Other Services Allied Offers
On top of excellent storage services, we are a full service moving company. We offer cross-border and long distance moving for our Canadian and U.S. customers, commercial moving services, local moving, and more. We also provide professional packers and
unpacking services when you need them or simple pick-up services when you don't. We want to take the hassle out of your move by providing a wide range of moving services on top of meeting your storage needs.
Allied Van Lines does it all in an effort to take the pressure off of you during your move. Whether you're moving locally or around the world, you deserve moving and storage solutions that you can count on to keep your belongings safe. You also deserve
a team that treats you like family. Customer service is at the forefront of our minds during every service from corporate relocation to residential moving. We are the best moving company for cross-border moves because of our extensive experience and
range of moving and storage solutions.
Whether you're moving from Ontario to Idaho, Wisconsin to Japan, or New York to New Jersey, we're here with packing services, self storage, and professional helpers to keep your move on track.