Moving and Storage Companies: Short or Long-Term Storage Options
When it comes time to move, you may find yourself in need of extra storage. The time before, during, and immediately after moving day can be stressful, so you’ll want to work with a moving and storage company that understands your individual needs and works to make your moving experience as convenient and stress-free as possible. There are several reasons why you might need short- or long-term storage from a moving and storage company.
You might need short-term storage if:
- You’re trying to sell your house. Staging experts often recommend you clear a portion of your belongings out so your home does not appear cluttered.
- A friend or family member has given you furniture or other items – and you won’t have room in your home until after you move.
- You have to move to your new city or province before the home you’re buying or renting is available. This usually means you have to stay temporarily in a smaller apartment or extended stay hotel.
You might need long-term storage if:
- You’re downsizing your home but don’t want to get rid of certain belongings.
- You’re a college student needing a place to keep your extra stuff while you’re away at school, until you graduate and can buy or rent a larger space.
- You’re being transferred by your job (or the armed forces) to another country for a few years. You’ll be back, so don’t want to sell off your belongings, but don’t want to move them all overseas either.
Decide the type of storage you need and then you can select a moving and storage company to assist you.* Be sure to look for companies with the following characteristics.
- Global resources. It’s important that the moving and storage company of your choice has the connections and facilities to help you out – no matter where you’re moving. With 500 agent locations in North America plus offices in more than 40 countries in Europe and Asia-Pacific and representatives in 135 other countries, Allied Van Lines is a solid choice in this regard.
- Multiple service options. From packing to transporting and loading/unloading, you want to hire a company that can help you with all of your needs. Allied provides all of this and more. We also offer storage-in-transit for up to 90 days, as well as more permanent storage options.
- Superb customer service. In order to get the most out of your move, track down a moving and storage company with good reviews and high rate of responsiveness. Allied Van Lines makes you a priority – every time.
- Secure storage facilities. What good is storage if your belongings are not safe? At Allied, we offer climate-controlled facilities with alarm systems and 24-hour security.
- Affordable rates. Many moving and storage companies will take advantage of your need and charge you through the nose for the “extras” like storage. But not Allied. We offer cost-effective storage options, whether you need a short- or long-term solution.